AirDev was founded in 2015 to change how software is built.
For many decades, to build custom software, you had to know a coding language. Now, with no-code platforms like Bubble, you can build high-quality software products visually without writing a single line of code. This means that in the next few years, the number of people who will be able to create powerful software will grow far beyond the number of coders in the world.
We’re building a software development agency and framework that reinvents how software is created. We’re one of the top software development agencies in San Francisco, and we’re looking for skilled product designers to help bring our clients’ visions to life.
Please note this is a part-time, contractor position.
Who we’re looking for
We value a mix of hard and soft skills, as well as alignment to our core values, in all of our people. We are looking for product designers with the following skills and expertise:
- Product Design: You take ownership of the entire product experience. You have an intuitive sense of what creates strong user experiences, and you have the design skills to create those experiences. You have built out highly detailed desktop and mobile experiences for custom software products using Figma. You empathize with clients and their users. You anticipate what their users might need to do and ensure the interface has elements that are easy to access.
- Information design: You can manage complexity and clearly structure information. You can understand complex digital products and design interfaces that clearly organize required information. You know how to draw attention to the most critical pieces of information.
- Communication: You’re an active listener and a great teammate. You aren’t afraid to ask questions. You value and listen to feedback from others. You take extra care in your written communications to teammates and clients.
As a product designer, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Create high-fidelity UI designs for client products using Figma: You’ll design high-fidelity UI designs in Figma for client projects based on scope documents created by our Product Managers and Product Directors. Your role is vital, as your designs will shape the experience of each product before development officially begins.
- Leverage our robust design system, Canvas, to create these UI designs: Canvas is a modular design system that makes building designs lightning-fast. Your role will focus on leveraging Canvas assets as much as possible to create these high-fidelity designs. Once you’ve created the pages and selected the right Canvas components for your designs, you will make light to moderate customizations to those designs to meet the functionality and branding requirements defined in the scope document. Our design system is currently public as a free, Figma community file, and we use this system for all client projects.
- Iterate designs based on feedback: You will work with a Product Manager and/or Product Director to refine your designs (when needed) for each client product before development officially begins.
Diversity & Inclusion at AirDev
AirDev is on a mission to make software development more accessible to diverse groups of people and organizations. We value diversity in our customers, partners and employees and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where we provide equal opportunities to all employees, partners and applicants without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, neurodiversity disability, or any other protected status under federal, state and local law. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace starting from the application process and continuing in all parts of our organization.