SketchDeck is building the model for the next generation of creative agencies. Through a combination of technology, partnership, and a global talent community, SketchDeck gives marketers access to quality creative on demand. We work with clients from startups to well-known enterprise brands such as Dropbox, Rémy Cointreau, and Asana.
At SketchDeck, our global community is united by our values. Together we commit to:
- Work as a team
- Push boundaries
- Act with humility
- Take ownership
- Have heart
As a remote-first company, these core values serve as the operating principles for our daily behaviors. They are more to us than a few feel-good mantras. Being a SketchDecker means you hold yourself and others accountable for the preservation and progression of our culture.
SketchDeck is looking for a Senior Project Manager (ideally located in CT or PT time zones)
As a Senior Project Manager at SketchDeck, you’ll lead the day to day relationships & projects from our largest accounts and strategic premium level design projects & campaigns. Responsibilities include Account retention, project team oversight, project scoping, proposals and project management.
You will report to the Head of Creative Operations.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality design projects that meet and exceed client expectations:
- Discuss upcoming projects with clients: build budgets/timelines, discuss creative expectations, educate on process and help get them started where needed
- Review incoming projects, ensure brief and scope are clear for design success and hitting credit budgets
- Work with Design Directors as needed on creative scoping and direction
- Manage allocation of projects across design team to hit deadlines, budget and quality goals
- Direct and support designers so they can deliver great design, on brand and hitting brief requirements
- Review projects before delivery, ensuring they meet the brief, follow the brand and are free from QC errors
- Resolve projects that get in trouble through proactive communication with clients, and direction to team
- Deliver an overall impressive experience that makes clients share with their friends and colleagues
- Obtain PO / SOWs as needed to secure projects
- Keep on top of utilization to ensure design is delivered profitably
- Ability to manage complex projects / programs ($25k – $100K+ revenue)
- Nurture, retain and grow your client relationships:
- Help new users through their first projects
- Build strong relationships with clients and proactively keep in touch
- Lead quarterly status updates and keep current on client goals
- Lead weekly or monthly meetings to align on project needs that meet retainer budgets
- Work to ensure membership clients retain and grow; share opportunities for growth and flag/solve issues
- Create strategies with your member / enterprise clients to help them get impact from design across their teams and provide us with visibility of pipeline
- Renew membership contracts
- Build & manage a motivated team that can meet client expectations with regard to design and product types. Ensure ability to scale and keep up with growth as needed.
- Daily standups with core team to align on priorities and get best impact & motivation from the team
- Recruit and hire team members as needed to keep up with growth
- Manage Jr PM (as needed)
- Manage 8+ designers/QC
- Train designers on member / enterprise brands
- As a senior team member, mentor, collaborate and improve things around you:
- Review and revise processes to ensure we are constantly improving and evolving
- Mentor other PMs
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to help them bring in the best clients with the right expectations
- Find ways to improve SketchDeck and live our values.