I’m Ariel, Engineering Manager at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than5,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Senior System Engineer – Cloud, to help us accelerate the development of our product.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
We are looking for a Senior System (Tech Ops) Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will develop and own best-practice methodologies for provisioning, configuration management, and monitoring of our distributed systems. Your primary goal is to make sure these systems run reliably in a secure cloud environment.
As our company is experiencing high growth, you’ll also be responsible for the scalability of our cloud infrastructure and performing robust capacity planning.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will design, deploy, and continuously improve our cloud infrastructure with a focus on reliability, scalability, and security
- You will provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement
- You will perform incident management duties to investigate and follow up on incidents and deliver structural fixes
- You will raise the standard of our engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- You will provide organisation-wide IT support
- You will guide other teams and departments in implementing security standards across the company and conduct risk management activities
- You will help implement compliance policies and procedures including security patch management for our complete IT assets inventory and our business continuity plan (e.g., backups, disaster recovery)
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have a deep understanding of deployment and monitoring strategies for reliable, highly scalable, and robust cloud infrastructure
- You are an expert on cloud and containerization technologies such as AWS and Docker
- You have strong knowledge of automation and infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- You have experience working with complex CI/CD pipelines for production releases in a micro services-based architecture
- You are an organized self-starter with an ability to follow through on tasks under minimal supervision
- You are comfortable in an ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly
We typically expect candidates with at least 7 years of experience in system engineering, DevOps, SRE, or similar positions to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience in a SaaS company
- You have knowledge of SQL, data modelling, ETL, and data warehousing
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series a funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices(we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.